Monday, January 11, 2010

The Freshest Whipped Cream

As a Christmas present to myself, I purchased the iSi Whipped cream maker and extra chargers.  I have drooled over this in the kitchen catalogs and coveted for a long time.  But since my friends tease me about knocking out a wall and adding an addition to hold all my kitchen gadgets, I've been reluctant to add things to my collection, unless I really, really needed it.

So, by really big need was that I wanted to make cinnamon flavored whipped cream to go with apple crisp that I was making for a neighborhood get together on New Years day, instead of purchasing cinnamon ice cream.  Easy justification.  $40 whipped cream maker versus $6.00 ice cream.  Ah, but it was Christmas and don't I deserve to be indulged too? And it's reusable.

Well, to me it justified its self with the first use.  Not only was it easy to use
and the results were absolutely fabulous, but the amount of fun to be had was totally unexpected.  Everyone wanted whipped cream not only on their apple crisp, but all the other deserts that were brought to our neighborhood potluck.  And it would have melted the grinch's heart to see our friends little girls (4 and 6) holding out their hands to have "just one more" spray of cinnamon whipped cream put into their hands and watching them dip their faces down into the fluffy pile and gobble it up. Just adorable.  Best gadget I've bought all year! Will make whatever you're putting it on taste better.

No comments: