Friday, August 14, 2009

Julie and Julia Movie

Our book club went to see the Julie and Julia movie this week. The book was one of my selections and I actually enjoyed the move more than the book. Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci were absolutely wonderful as Julia and Paul Child. The visualization of those interwoven parts of Julia Child in the book were transformed in the film and made the whole so much more than its parts.

I loved the movie and hope to take my husband to see it. Not only was the film a tribute to cooking and how Julia changed the world for us, but the warmth of their relationship was truly emotionally moving. It made me happy, I too married a great guy, who not only loves me, but supports my sometimes over-reaching cooking adventures.



Julia Child was an extraordinary woman and this movie just gives us a glimpse into that. I'd love to see a movie focusing just on her and Paul's lives.

But beyond Julia and Meryl Streep's performance, the movie showcased how food changes our lives. How creating a meal from fresh ingredients enriches our lives and the value of exploring and learning something well exponentially adds to our character.

Go see the movie and be inspired on many levels!

No comments: